27 June, 2007

A Video for the Children

Over the last few months, between recruiting, ETSing, moving, and starting a new chapter of my life, I have been working on a new video. It is finally ready and I'm ready to share it with you all.

The inspiration for this video comes from the Family Support Group for the unit I supported while I was a recruiter. I finally saw first hand how it isn't only the soldier who sacrifices for this country. I saw how sometimes the world forgets how much the children of our Armed Service Members really sacrifice.

This video is for the kids... it's for every concert or soccer game their parent miss. It's for every band or choir concert their parents watch on video thousands of miles away. This video is for how much we really love our kids - and why sometimes mommy and daddy have to be away. Its because we don't leave because we don't love our kids - it's because we leave BECAUSE we love our kids.

Any comments are welcome.




-SGT Guardsman

11 comments:

LoveMyTanker said...

Super! Thanks for sharing!!

Anonymous said...

Very beautiful.. moving and thoughtfully done.

Anonymous said...

Good job! Very moving,,,

Anonymous said...

very beautiful indeed. Quite the tear jerker. Thanks for making this

8675309 said...

Surfed on over from Blackfive.

Lovely tribute, lovely song, lovely children. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

God bless our troops and their families. They really are the backbone of this country.

Great video!

smh1012 said...

Thank you so much from the daughter of a veteran.

What a reminder and what a great tribute to the brave families and our wonderful US military.

Lometa said...

Wonderful work. I was born and raised in the USAF and know first hand what it may be like for these children. Please know that most of us do understand our parents' dedication to our country is so that it can be a safer place for us to live. Thank you for loving us ultimately through your sacrifice and service.

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!! Thank you from mom of soldier his daughter

Anonymous said...

This brought tears to my eyes. What a wonderful tribute. The song was absolutely outstanding.

It reminds me of a time when I was at a restaurant and a lady came in with her baby and a friend. The lady looked so sad. I don't remember what it was, but something tipped me off that her husband had just left for Iraq.

As she was leaving I stopped her and she confirmed her husband had indeed just left. I thanked her for HER sacrifice too. She burst into tears and looked at me with her swollen eyes and said, "Thank you."

You're right, too often we overlook the fact that the family is sacrificing as well.

Thank you for your heartwarming tribute...

Anonymous said...

Hey TJ...

That is such an amazing video. The websites you and Troy have are such a help to us family members who just want to see how things are going with our soldiers! Thanks