24 February, 2007

Message to the Media

I was going to continue my piece about Recruiters being under fire but SFC B has done a much better job than I can. Follow his story over at his blog.

What I wanted to write about today is 11 things that I would like to say to the collective MSM:

1. Nobody cares about Anna Nichole Smith!
Every morning I wake up, I know that she's still dead - you don't have to keep reminding me. I don't care about the fact that she died. It's sad, but it happens every day. My neighbor died the other day of a suspected overdose and not one television cameras showed up - what makes Anna Nichole Smith so much more important than this guy to have her death all over every network for the last 2 weeks? I don't care what they do with her body, I don't care what happens to her fortune, and I don't care who gets custody of her daughter as long as she's taken care of. Frankly, none of this is ANYBODY's business other than the families. Maybe if you leave these people alone they wouldn't OD on drugs all the time!

2. I don't care about Britney Spears.
I don't care how many times she's been in and out of rehab. I don't care if she shaves her head. I don't care if she doesn't wear panties when out at the clubs - although it does turn me on a little. I don't care if K-Fed gets the kids - and frankly, none of this is ANYBODY'S business other than hers, K-Fed's, and their families. Again, this crap doesn't need to be on every network 24/7.

3. I don't care about mountain climbers who get stuck on a mountain.
These people made the decision to go up on that mountain, knowing the risks. They should take responsibility for their actions and I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't feel sorry for them nor am I the only one who's sick of the news telling me I should feel sorry for them. If they're stuck, go rescue them because we're the only country in the world who helps idiots like these but keep this crap off the TV. There's much more important things going on in the world besides some morons who want to go mountain climbing for "the thrill" just to cry like babies when things go wrong. It is sad when these mountain climbers never make it off the mountain but we shouldn't feel sorry for them when they knowingly took the risk to get "the thrill".

4. Hollywood celebs and recording artists are not military experts.
Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon, Sean Penn, Jane Fonda, The Dixie Chicks, John Mellencamp, and the rest of the "stars" who oppose the war are NOT military experts so they should not be be on the TV saying what we should do in Iraq. Just because Martin Sheen played the President on TV does not mean he is qualified to be the REAL Commander-In-Chief. Just because Mike Farrell played BJ Hunnicut on M.A.S.H. doesn't mean he really knows how to be a commander at war. These people need to leave military decisions to the real experts who have the proper training and knowledge to make such decisions. If General Pace tried to give these moonbats advice on how to shoot a movie or produce an album they would laugh in his face. Yet they think they're "elite" enough that they can tell General Pace how to do his job. If they're against the war, that's fine, let them say they're against it - but leave the military planning to the people who's jobs it is to do so.

5. People who do suicide attacks in Israel are not "freedom fighters"
As a matter of fact the proper term is actually Terrorists. If these Islamic extremists were only attacking valid Israeli military targets I might agree that maybe they're "freedom fighters". But when these psychopathic sickos cross the boarder and blow up school buses filled with children they show that they aren't for freedom at all - they're terrorists plain and simple. Calling them anything else is an insult to our intelligence and only boosts the terrorists' morale.

6. If I wanted to know about the Oscars I would watch them on Sunday.
I. Don't. Care. About. The. Oscars. If I REALLY wanted to hear about them I would actually turn the friggin channel and watch them. There's much more important things going on in the world than the stupid Oscars. I don't understand how the Oscars get more coverage than the 13-year-old boy who was kidnapped at gunpoint and escaped unharmed - the latter story is MUCH more newsworthy. Keep all the Oscar crap for shows like Entertainment Tonight.

7. Every time you reveal classified information or operations you hurt America.
This is a pretty serious issue. Every time you release classified information or classified operations you hurt America, your own country. These actions are morally wrong and borderline treasonous. Don't you realize that you are potentially putting lives at risk here? Even if there aren't lives at risk, you are ruining our tools to actually WIN the Global War on Terror. If you actually WANT us to lose this war, keep doing business as usual. If you actually WANT us to WIN this war, then you'd better get your head out of your asses and stop selling out your own country for a story and a buck.

8. Stop the one-sided coverage of Iraq.
There are actually GOOD things happening in Iraq - your constant refusal to report anything but the bad things shows you for the traitors you probably are. You don't really have to look very hard to find these stories. CENTCOM has done a lot of the homework for you. Hell, my brother and a guy named Jim have done some of the homework for you as well. I'm not saying don't report the bad things - there ARE bad things happening in Iraq and it SHOULD be reported. What I'm saying is lets have a little balance here. What you are doing by only reporting the bad things is furthering your agenda of America losing the war in Iraq - that isn't your job. Your job is to report the facts and not try to sway the public opinion.

9. There are 2 sides to the global warming story.
Stop reporting just the democratic talking points on the issue. Sean Hannity shouldn't be the only one in the world actually reporting that many scientists don't believe the global warming hype. Besides, 15 years ago you told me we were heading into the next ice age - now the world is warming up? Maybe we should do a little more research before we scream "fire" in a crowded movie theatre.

10. Lets have a little TRUTH in reporting shall we?
Finally, you all need to tell the TRUTH in your stories, both on the air and in print. Every time I watch the news or read something in the paper I constantly find things that are either half-truths or down right lies and it's getting out of control. We have a free press in this country because our four-fathers believed you can't trust the government to tell the truth. Now we can't even trust our free press to tell the truth any more! If we can't trust the government to tell the truth (and I don't) and we can't trust the media to tell the truth (which I don't either) than who can we trust? The odd thing is that I find myself believing the government more than the media even though the government has more to gain by lying! I think I speak for more than just myself when I say we're sick and tired of lies in the media. You can't say Saddam NEVER had WMDs when he used them to kill hundreds of thousands. As SFC B said Chris Dugan was never a recruiter. U.S. Soldiers never flushed Korans down the toilet at Gitmo to antagonize prisoners. The scary part is that you don't realize the kind of damage you can and have done with your false reporting. Take a look at the case of the Times report of U.S. soldiers flushing Korans down the toilet at Gitmo to antagonize prisoners. That story caused riots across the Muslim world and several soldiers DIED because of the riots that story caused. The VERY NEXT WEEK the Times printed admitted that the only incidents of Korans being flushed was done by the prisoners themselves to try and clog up the toilets to piss off the guards! Who took responsibility for those soldiers who lost their lives because of your false reporting? Frankly, it needs to stop for every one's sake.

11. The election is too far away - lets hold off for now.
The election is over a year and a half away. Hell, the primaries are a year away! Can we please get this off the TV. At the rate you're going now, EVERYBODY is going to be sick and tired of the election and our horribly low voting rate will drop even lower.

I'm glad I got all that off my chest. Feel free to comment even if you think I'm a right-wing crack-pot.



I finished this month's mission (HAHA!!! I go off a calendar month - suck it USAREC recruiters!) back on the 9th and haven't done much actual recruiting the rest of the month. Frankly, after enlisting 6 soldiers into the Army National Guard in 34 days I think I deserved a little break. I think it's time to get back to work, don't you?

Finally, I have a couple of big announcements to make - and these are huge.
#1. With my ETS (End of Term of Service) fast approaching I have decided to NOT extend my tour in Recruiting. This job has been by far the best job I've ever had. At the same time this has been by far the worst job I've ever had. I'm glad I've had this opportunity to do this job, but in the end I believe it is time to move on. I will have a crazy amount of leave to burn up before I ETS so I will be ending my recruiting tour much earlier than expected. As of the information I have right now, I will out process from my BN on the morning of May 15th and start my terminal leave at 1200hrs of that same day. There's lots to do before that time so the two and a half months I have till I'm done will be busy - but a welcomed busy.

#2. I WILL BE ON VACATION ALL SUMMER!!!!!! I just wish my brother would be home to enjoy it with me.

#3. I only have SIX enlistments left! My replacement is already in my office and I've begun wrapping up my recruiting life. If all goes well, I'll have my 6 enlistments sooner rather than later and be able to have a very easy transition to the non-recruiting world.

#4. I'm going to go back to college full time next fall to FINALLY get my degree. I'll be majoring in Secondary Education with a focus in Broad field Social Studies. Troy, if you don't have your Masters by the time I graduate, I will never stop teasing you. By the way, you're 8 and a half years older than me so you should have your masters before I have my bachelors.....

I've included a poll at the bottom of this post that I encourage you all to participate in.



1 comments:

Jim said...

Definately all of the above! You Army guys are supposed to be ambitious anyway! What is it they say; you all do more before breakfast than most people do all day... unless of course your talking about truck drivers... we never sleep. LOL